lunes, 23 de abril de 2012

Cine Doré, for the first time


I’ve never been in such a magnificent and simple place, a little cinema in the centre of Madrid but far enough from the mess of the city; a perfect place to enjoy the art of cinema. When you enter you may experience the feeling of being in other époque, we were a group of university students surrounded by people from all different ages, but the atmosphere wasn’t the same as the one in a “normal” cinema: people were drinking coffee, reading the newspaper, commenting the latest premieres. The canteen of the cinema remembers me of the old bars where the poets and writers used to gather in order to talk about literature. Our clock was about to mark half past seven so we entered in “Screen 1” where the film ‘A Woman’s secret’ was going to be projected. The “Screen 1” was really crowded and from the first step I made, I fall in love with the place, it was so old and little but with a sense of magnificence with all the red armchairs and the screen that was hidden behind big blue curtains and also the ceiling was beautifully decorated.

The film started and due to the fact that it was an old movie in black and white it remembered me as the old cinemas that sometimes appear in movies like “Singing in the rain” where people are sitting in a place similar to a theatre rather than a cinema as we know it nowadays. In my opinion the movie wasn’t a great one although it wasn’t a hard movie to cope with. We enjoyed it and I laughed so much with the character of the wife of the police inspector because I considered her as a gossip version of Sherlock Holmes. Watching a film in that place was really inspiriting, it’s hard to describe but I felt like I was in the right place to enjoy a film, maybe that is because as many people will say: cinema is our goal and we love to imagine people like us going there to watch one of our future films.

When the movie finished I felt strange because I wanted to say a bit longer. But it was really late so we had to go. The experience was unique, and I’m sure I will return to the Cine Doré, a place that can captured your cinematographic soul and make you feel like a person in the old times enjoying our passion: cinema.  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario